Park Board Minutes 04/11/2013

Parkboard Minutes 04/11/2013
Newbury Township Park Board

 Meeting Minutes

April 11, 2013 Town Hall

Present: Judy Barnhart, Mark Fritch,   Les Ober, Wayne Mansfield , Jim Stefancin, David Snively

Guests:  Trustee Glen Quigley      

Meeting called to order at 7:35 p.m.

minutes of March meeting read and approved with minor corrections

OBERLAND PARK DEVELOPMENT

Eagle Scout Projects:

             Paver stone patio:judy thanked David for his donation., it got Sam motivated to get his business letters out, money is coming in slowly. Jim suggested getting some of the patio stones engraved with donator’s names. Can be dropped in after project complete.

Information board: several members thought the map in the info board would be bigger.

 Glen went to the Rec board meeting. They are in support of pursuing a township park levy and were asked to help sell the idea so only have to go to the voters once.

Ball field:

Rec board feels they shouldn’t move the fencing that is already in place but need to get it finished. Do not feel their money should be used for infrastructure.

 Fairmont Minerals: Jim contacted them, but our previous contact person has moved on and person he spoke to stated their focus is now on education so not sure if any money is available or not for projects.

Access drive:With talk of Newbury schools possibly merging with Berkshire, issue brought up that access drive to new ballfield on school property. Suggestion of extending drive from township parking lot back along north side of ball field to ball field instead of spending township money on school property, but definatly need to finish ballfield so kids have a place to play if school folds.

Getting drainage fixed is main priority.  All future spending should be done on towhship property.

Retention basin: Glen talked to Soil & Water who now feels we do not need a big retention pond. Carmella would like a survey done so she can sign off on project. Suggestion was made maybe Fairmont Minerals would instead donate an engineer’s time to draw up plans. Jim to contact them again. Discussion about septic system’s ability to support any future development. Regulated by EPA, too expensive.

Pavillion:: Wayne asked Glen if he can check with Doug Zimperman about getting 304 limestone and screened topsoil ordered for north side of pavilion so Wayne can get grass seed down soon when we have another nice weekend. Just need it dumped in a pile and Wayne will move it around. Wayne will mark dump area with a stake. Figure need about 20 tons.Elementary kids will be using the pavillion and trail area for their annual wetlab day May 2nd &3rd. Wayne to wait until kids are done to do seeding.Lighting: Kiwanis still interested in putting solar light s in pavilion.Wayneplanning to put together a garbage receptacle to replace current 55 gallon drums  that are blowing around. 

Deer & geese hunting: Les has been inventorying deer herd, numbers of tracks are increasing. May need to authorize some control, a maximum of only 2-3 permits would need to be issued. Plan to try geese hunting again next August when they are in season again. Parking lot: Triangle needs work, oil truck keeps driving through center when covered with snow.Grass cutting: Do not have township cut grass on  north side of driveway as people are pulling off along drive and leaving ruts. .   Hiking trailLes has a Gator and may need to do some culvert work, need to get a few trees down before blown down, waiting for it to dry up. Then will get tubing lines flushed and down. Park LevyWith support for a levy from all interested parties, need to put a committee together.

 Next regular meeting

May 9, 2013 at 7:30 at town hall.

 Judy Barnhart-Newbury

No comments (Add your own)

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.